PTA does not act alone. Working in cooperation with many national education, health, safety, and child advocacy groups and federal agencies, the national PTA organization collaborates on projects that benefit children and that bring valuable resources to its members.
WHY JOIN PTA?
As a PTA member, you are a part of one of the oldest and largest associations dedicated to the EDUCATION and WELL-BEING of all children and youth. For over 100 years, PTA members at the local level have provided volunteer, advocacy and financial support to enhance the academic, social and physical environments of our schools. In partnership with over 7 million other volunteers across America, PTA members represent a strong and respected voice in promoting programs that enrich the quality of life for our children, our families and our community.
- #1 reason to join Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. You are also helping your school.
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school, or to develop a relationship with your child’s teacher and principal.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs and materials for students, parents, families, schools and communities.
- Speak Up. PTA gives you a “seat at the table” when important decisions are made about your child’s school.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. PTA members enjoy exclusive member perks including discounts on school supplies, rental cars, wireless services and more.
- Make a Difference! By working together, PTA members have helped advance local, state and national laws and policies to improve the education, health and safety of all children.