MWPTA Sponsored After School Enrichment Programs
This year MWPTA is continuing with popular classes and introducing new classes that will enrich our children’s education. The classes will focus on visual arts, physical education, and academic supplementary classes. MWPTA is adding more art, dance, and music classes this year based on feedback received from you. Scholarships are available in all classes for those who qualify. Registration and payment for all classes is done directly with the class teachers. Minimum and maximum enrollment vary per class. Classes are available on a first come first serve basis.
PTA Enrichment Classes
- Visit our AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS PAGE for Class Schedule
After School PTA Programs: Get Involved
- Parents are welcome to visit or help in any of the classes we offer.
- Card Games Club: We are looking for parents to supervise and help the kids learn and play card games.
- Holiday Program: We need a few people to help organize the showcase where the enrichment classes perform.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
Arts Collective After School
Arts Collective After School (ACAS) is an enrichment activity that takes place on our campus the first Friday of each month from 2:30-4:30 P.M. An arts-focused, maker-centric community partner engages our students in an innovative and exploratory project with an emphasis in the arts, science, technology or engineering. These projects provide an experimental approach to making and creating where the outcome is not predetermined. The program is free and open to all students on the campus.
- Please check out the ACAS blog for more information on the program and its partners: http://artscollectiveafterschool.blogspot.com
- To volunteer to help with the ACAS, please email email@example.com
ABC Club meets every other Friday in the Library after school from 2:45-3:30. This is a new student club started to promote kindness on our campus. All grades are welcome!
FOMWS Sponsored Clubs
We are pleased to announce that FOMWS is sponsoring Chess Club, a Robotics Club and Homework Club this year. All clubs are free. Space is limited, so sign up early. Registration forms will be sent home with your child. For questions regarding these clubs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Homework Club – A supervised quiet space to do homework Monday-Thursday from 2:45 to 3:45 (1:45 – 2:45 on early dismissal days) in the Library. Free program.
- Robotics Club – This Beginner LEGO Robotics club will meet once a week with Mrs. Langsdorff. All 5th & 6th grade students interested in learning the basics of building and programming a LEGO robot are encouraged to sign up. Space will be limited to 16 students. The first session will begin in September, after Labor Day. Fee-based program.
- Chess Club – Fridays at 2:45 in the Lunch Pavilion. Fee-based program.
Other After School Care Options:
Beyond the Bell: A free after school supervision program run by LAUSD on the main yard. Monday to Friday from 2:30pm-6pm (1:30 on Professional Development days, and 12:50 on Minimum Days). Open to 1st-6th Kindergartens can play on the yard after school with parental or other adult supervision. There are several opportunities for our students to participate in organized group sports such as flag football, soccer, baseball, basketball, cheer team, as well as LAUSD’s individualized running program, where kids run 25 miles on their own, then join other LAUSD students for the final mile celebration in the spring.
STAR Nova – a fee based after school care program, where your child will get homework help, snacks and have fun participating in their various after school classes. STAR is open to all students, they operate Monday through Friday from dismissal until 6:00pm. STAR also offers enrichment classes for a fee. Students don’t need to be enrolled in their after school program to participate in the enrichment classes. Please visit their website at: http://www.sites.starinc.org/#!mt-washington/cqck for more information and a list of their classes.