PTA REFLECTIONS PROGRAM
The theme for this year is “Within Reach”
This phrase can be used in the literal sense or figuratively, it’s all up to the interpretation of the student. Please encourage your student to first “reflect” on the theme and what it means to them. This will be the artist statement for their entry. This process of thinking will also bring out their unique ideas and will lead to original art, which is the intention behind the Reflections program.
How to Get Involved
Only new and original works inspired by the theme: “Within Reach” will be accepted. Enter in one or more of the following arts categories.
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
The program is open to MWE students in every grade; all second graders participate annually. Parent volunteers interested in assisting with the art workshops, collection of student art, Reflections Kids Made booth, or the local Art Showcase at our school may contact: email@example.com.
Volunteer arts and education experts review submissions without knowledge of the entrants’ identity. Judges look for personal interpretations on the program theme that best exemplify creativity and technical skill.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement. 50%
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation. 25%
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area. 25%
- Entries are due: Monday, November 27, 2017
- Local Reflections Art Show and Kids Made: December 8, 2017
- District Judging and Results: January 2018
- State Judging January and Results: March 2018
- National Judging March and Results: May 2018
Required Student Forms and Rules for Entry
- General Rules
- Entry Form
- Consent Form
- Plus follow rules for one of more of the following: