WHO WE ARE
The Mt. Washington Elementary School PTA ("MWPTA") is a non-profit organization devoted to improving educational opportunities for all our children. The PTA is active in providing volunteer assistance, parent education, and financial support to the school. We also promote a school community where teachers and administrators can do their best work with the resources we can provide and help make school fun. Through membership dues and fundraising efforts, the funds we raise are used to pay for teacher’s aide’s salaries, provide a weekly physical education class for all children, numerous field trip buses, and other projects in support of our students and community.
WHY JOIN THE MWPTA
As a PTA member, you are a part of one of the oldest and largest associations dedicated to the EDUCATION and WELL-BEING of all children and youth. For over 100 years, PTA members at the local level have provided volunteer, advocacy and financial support to enhance the academic, social and physical environments of our schools. In partnership with over 7 million other volunteers across America, PTA members represent a strong and respected voice in promoting programs that enrich the quality of life for our children, our families and our community.
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school, or to develop a relationship with your child’s teacher and principal.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs and materials for students, parents, families, schools and communities.
- Speak Up. PTA gives you a “seat at the table” when important decisions are made about your child’s school.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. PTA members enjoy exclusive member perks including discounts on school supplies, rental cars, wireless services and more.
- Make a Difference! By working together, PTA members have helped advance local, state and national laws and policies to improve the education, health and safety of all children.