WHO WE ARE
Mt. Washington Elementary School PTA (“MWPTA”) is a nonprofit organization with the mission of supporting the Mt. Washington Elementary School community and enhancing every family’s experience at our school. Through membership dues and fundraising, MWPTA provides financial support for teachers’ assistants in our classrooms, physical education, art, drama, and music programs. We organize parent and community volunteers, provide after-school enrichment programs, host parent education seminars, and plan special events for the school community, including the annual Pancake Breakfast, Halloween Carnival, and Book Fair.
We work closely with the principal, administration, and teachers to promote a school community in which faculty and staff can do their best work, parents have ample opportunities to participate in school life, and students thrive. Please join the MWPTA and stay active! MWPTA is a membership organization – we need YOU in order to fulfill our mission. Attend bi-monthly membership meetings, volunteer for events and committees, and connect with the Mt. Washington Elementary School community.
Working in cooperation with many national and state education, health, safety, and child advocacy groups and federal agencies, the California PTA organization collaborates on projects that benefit children and bring valuable resources to its members.
As a PTA member, you are a part of one of the oldest and largest associations dedicated to the education and well-being of children and youth. For more than 100 years, local PTA members have provided volunteer, advocacy, and financial support to enhance the academic, social and physical environments of our schools. In partnership with more than seven million other volunteers across America, PTA members represent a strong and respected voice in promoting programs that enrich the quality of life for our children, our families and our communities.
As a member of the PTA:
- You stay connected. It’s the best way to know what’s happening in your school, or to develop a relationship with your child’s teacher and principal.
- You discover new resources. PTA offers a variety of programs and materials for students, parents, families, schools and communities.
- Your voice is heard at school. PTA gives you a “seat at the table” when important decisions are made about your child’s school.
- You are a role model. As a PTA member, you demonstrate to your child that you are engaged in their education and prioritize school.
- You get stuff. PTA members enjoy exclusive member perks including discounts on school supplies, rental cars, wireless services, and more.
- You make a difference! By working together, PTA members have helped advance local, state and national laws and policies to improve the education, health, and safety of all children.