HOW TO JOIN THE MWPTA
PTA envelopes are sent home with your child in the beginning of the year. Please fill out the form, include cash or a check made out to MWPTA and return to your child’s teacher, or drop off to the Main Office. Additional envelopes are available at the Parent Center. Please contact our membership chair, Samantha Wynans, at [email protected], with any questions about joining the MWPTA.
Yearly membership costs $6 per member. Parents, grandparents, guardians, and students are all invited to join. Each year we proudly achieve 100 percent membership - please help us reach our goal once again! Click here to join now!
BENEFITS OF A PTA MEMBERSHIP
- More than 85 rigorous academic research studies conducted over 30 years of research proves that kids do better when parents are involved. Grades are higher. Test scores improve. Attendance increases.
- Parenting is not easy--it helps to share ideas, concerns and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind.
- There's no better way to know what's happening in your school. The Association Meetings are an opportunity for you to share information with other members. Because PTA is a forum for exchanging ideas, you are encouraged to make suggestions. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at the school.
- Mt. Washington PTA organizes hard-working and dedicated volunteers. Parents are ready and willing to help implement school improvement programs.
- By volunteering with Mt. Washington PTA, you gain valuable experiences. It's an opportunity to put your skills and hobbies to good use for a good cause - for your child and all the children in the community.
- By getting involved at the school, you'll be a part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Mt. Washington PTA plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs and social events-all vital to our school's success.
- By becoming a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place in education.
- Additional Benefits Include Special Savings and Discounts